Group of Sign Permits
S – Signs
Please see the City of Jerseyville Code for questions concerning descriptions and requirements of City Building Regulations. Title 10 – Building Regulations
Installation and Requirements:
- All installations shall conform to the City of Jerseyville’s Sign Ordinance. (Title 11, Chapter 12)
- All electrical installations shall conform to the requirements of the latest adopted edition of the National Electrical Code NFPA #70.
The following minimum requirements must be submitted with application:
- Drawing of plot plan showing distances to lot lines, dimensions of signs, dimensions of property, set back lines and street name.
- Show size of sign(s) and height of sign(s) above ground.
- Show type of materials to be used in construction of sign(s).
- If ground sign exceeds 10 feet in height, two sets of plans and specifications are required. Specifications include: dimensions, materials, constructions details, loads, stresses, anchorage and property line details.
- Liability insurance is required.
$30.00 for signs up to 30 square feet, and $0.50 for each foot thereafter.
- Notify Building & Zoning Department for inspections as improvement progresses. 48 hour notice is required.