- Carports can be placed five feet (5′) from the back or three feet (3’) from the side property line and cannot be enclosed.
- Piers for the support poles must be a minimum of 36 inches (36″). An inspection of the pier holes must be made before they are poured.
- If a concrete floor is desired, it is required that it be at least four inches (4″).
- Shingles are allowed on roofs with a slope greater than 3:12.
- A final inspection must be made when carport is complete.
Applications are not complete until payment of fees associated with said application has been received.
No work should begin until the application has been completed.
All questions and/or Concerns should be directed to:
City of Jerseyville, Department of Building and Zoning
Director of Building and Zoning
115 East Prairie Street
Jerseyville, IL 62052
P: (618) 498-3312