Groups of Commercial Building Permits
C – New Construction
CR – Remodel
CA – Addition
Please see the City of Jerseyville Code for questions concerning descriptions and requirements of City Building Regulations.
Title 10 – Building Regulations
Commercial Building Permit Application
- Please fill out this form in its entirety to speed the process of approval.
- Note that we do require the Name, Phone, and License Number for the Contractor, Electrical, Plumbing, and Roofing Services. If you are planning to complete these yourself please note, this action may require additional inspections.
Minimum Code Requirements
- Two(2) sets of Architectural Plans and Specifications (Signed)
- Compliance with the 2005 edition of the National Electrical Code Standard NFPA #70
- Compliance with all of the adopted 2006 edition of the ICC Codes
- State of Illinois Law requires compliance with the latest adopted edition of the Illinois Plumbing Code
- State of Illinois Law requires compliance with the latest adopted edition of the IECC (International Energy Conservation Code)
NOTE: Approval of Any Building Permit Application and issuance of the Building Permit does not give permission to violate the City of Jerseyville’s Building and Zoning Codes. Were applicable, State of Illinois Codes and Regulations may be more stringent.
Please fill out the application below and sign once you have printed.
Please print off for your records a copy of the inspection schedule that will be used by the Department of Building and Zoning when you have your inspection.
NOTE: 48 hours’ notice is required for inspections. Failure to notify the Building official of the necessity of an inspection and failure to halt construction until the appropriate inspections are completed shall result in a fine of $100.00. Plus court cost for each of the property owner and the construction contractor.
Please fill out the form to begin the process. Please use Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro. After you have completed the form, save the pdf and email it to email@example.com.
Applications are not complete until payment of fees associated with said application has been received.
No work should begin until the application has been completed.
All questions and/or Concerns should be directed to:
City of Jerseyville, Department of Building and Zoning
Director of Building and Zoning
115 East Prairie Street
Jerseyville, IL 62052