Group of Sign Permits
S – Signs
Please see the City of Jerseyville Code for questions concerning descriptions and requirements of City Building Regulations.
Title 10 – Building Regulations
Installation and Requirements:
- All installations shall conform to the City of Jerseyville’s Sign Ordinance. (Title 11, Chapter 12)
- All electrical installations shall conform to the requirements of the latest adopted edition of the National Electrical Code NFPA #70.
The following minimum requirements must be submitted with application:
- Drawing of plot plan showing distances to lot lines, dimensions of signs, dimensions of property, set back lines and street name.
- Show size of sign(s) and height of sign(s) above ground.
- Show type of materials to be used in construction of sign(s).
- If ground sign exceeds 10 feet in height, two sets of plans and specifications are required. Specifications include: dimensions, materials, constructions details, loads, stresses, anchorage and property line details.
- Liability insurance is required.
$30.00 for signs up to 30 square feet, and $0.50 for each foot thereafter.
- Notify Building & Zoning Department for inspections as improvement progresses. 48 hours’ notice is required.
Please fill out the form to begin the process. Please use Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro. After you have completed the form, save the pdf and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are not complete until payment of fees associated with said application has been received.
No work should begin until the application has been completed.
All questions and/or Concerns should be directed to:
City of Jerseyville, Department of Building and Zoning
Director of Building and Zoning
115 East Prairie Street
Jerseyville, IL 62052
P: (618) 498-3312