Downtown Accessibility Elevator Program
This program may assist property owners with making the upper floors of downtown buildings more accessible to persons with disabilities. The program allows property owners to (A) install ADA compliant elevators in buildings that do not have ADA elevators or (B) rehabilitate older, non-compliant elevators and make them compliant. The program only allows for one elevator per building and the elevator must service all floors (excluding the basement). An increment is available for up to 50% of all elevator related project costs or $50,000 whichever is less. If the building is serviced by at least on ADA compliant Elevator the property may qualify for the rehabilitation program.
The City of Jerseyville Dept. of Planning & Zoning reserves the right to change or suspend this program at any time due to unexpected circumstances or events beyond their control. Please contact the offices for the most recent program policies.
Approval and Reimbursement Process
1. A legal agreement will be prepared for the owner’s signature.
2. An Ordinance will be submitted for City Council approval upon recommendation of the TIF Advisory Committee.
3. The owner must record a copy of the signed agreement with Jersey County Recorders Office and provide a copy to the Jerseyville Dept. of Planning & Zoning.
4. Once the copy of the recorded agreement is provided to the Dept. of P & Z, you may begin working on the project.
5. After the completion of the project, all lien wavers, paid receipts, and Certificate of Final Completion must be submitted along with a current photograph(s) to the Dept. of P & Z.
6. After Review of all documents and verified by the P & Z, the City will reimburse the property owner as specified by the agreement.7. No monies will be paid up front.
Please contact the City of Jerseyville Department of Economic Development for more information.